Aircraft manufacturer needed to lower cycle times and reduce the chance of tooling contact with the aircraft.
LOAD: 57,000 lbs. (25,800 kg)
Integrate Air Casters and powered drive systems into work stands to make them self-powered and highly maneuverable.
- Reduced hours for line moves
- Faster positioning of the work stands lowering overall cycle times
- Easier to accurately position work stands around the aircraft
- Improved safety for both aircraft and personnel
Transport fighter jet aircraft, including the ability to pivot in position
LOAD: 50,000 lbs. (22,680 kg)
T-shaped radio controlled air bearing transporter with dual air-powered steerable traction drives and an air-applied floor pivot
- In-position, about center turntable style rotation of the air frame
- 4-direction travel via steerable drives
- Remote controlled steering ensures safety of aircraft and personnel
AIRCRAFT ENGINE TRANSPORT
Customer wanted to eliminate the use of the overhead crane while still allowing flexible move path
LOAD: 5,600 lbs.
Custom engineered Air Caster engine stand
- Load configuration flexibility
- Highly maneuverable
- Protects engine from falls