3/17/2020 – COVID-19 Emergency Plan
Dear AeroGo Associate,
The Coronavirus pandemic is impacting us all. We are moving to protect all of our stakeholders as well as we can, putting preventive measures in place, whilst sustaining our critical business activities. I want to thank you all for your efforts during these difficult times.
Our response to this crisis is being centrally managed through the AeroGo HR team. The team defines AeroGo’s guidelines & policies and will coordinate with our associates around the country. As mentioned above, our first goal is to ensure that our employees , their colleagues at our customers, suppliers and partners, and all of our families stay safe. Our second goal is to guarantee the continuity of our business and our customers’ and partners’ businesses, so that we can all continue to serve our customers. Therefor, we wanted o communicate our COVID-19 Emergency Response Plan to hopefully provide some peace of mind as the next few weeks & months unfold:
AeroGo has decided to implement telecommuting for certain positions:
- The Company has identified positions that are equipped and capable to conduct work remotely. Those positions eligible will be notified by their manager and work schedules will be established to meet business needs. Unfortunately, not all positions are qualified to work remotely and the company reserves the right to solely make this determination.
In the event that AeroGo is mandated to institute a companywide shutdown:
- The company will announce this as early as possible to provide employees time to plan for this change. We realize this may be a challenge to our employees and so we have made the decision to provide financial stability during these uncertain times.
- The company will provide full pay for the first two weeks of the shutdown, under a Special pay code. Employees will not be required to use any PTO (sick or vacation) balances they may have during this phase.
- At the end of these two weeks, we will announce either: 1) Return to work; or 2) Extension of the company shutdown for an additional period. We will attempt to provide at least 4 days advance notice of this decision.
- If an extension of the company shutdown is announced, employees will have two options to choose from:
- – 1. Wages utilizing their accrued PTO time, or
- – 2. Leave without pay
- – To provide financial continuity, AeroGo will allow employees to borrow up to 80 hours of PTO, if needed.
- At the end of this next period, we will announce company plans going forward to resume business operations.
John Massenburg, President